If you’re on FanDuel, each day we help uncover the gems in daily fantasy hockey when there is a full slate of games. I started on February 17th with a Fanduel bankroll of $2,500, with a goal to hit $10,000 by the end of the regular season.
Yesterday was another decent night, turning a $200 entry into $500 and losing in another GPP tournament. Last night's win was thanks to a Bruins line stack along with great games from defensemen Erik Karlsson and Drew Doughty.
Current balance - $2,850.78
Thursday has another good slate with 14 teams in action and a lot of blowout potential in several of the matchups. Without further ado, here are a couple line stacks and hidden gems for the six games on the February 19th.
I'm a big fan of stacking lines in NHL daily fantasy, not nesessarily for all 6 forward spots, but I definitely try to be strategic in pairing at least two forwards on the same line, and same power play unit. The two line stacks that I'm looking at for tonight:
- New York Islanders (John Tavares, Josh Bailey, Anders Lee - $17,600 combined) - this line has been extremely consistent in 3 of their last 4 games. Anders Lee has 9 points in his last 6 games, you can't ask for much more at his $4,900 price tag. Nashville has a great defense, so this isn't a slam dunk line stack tonight...but at $17,900 there are worse options out there.
- Dallas Stars (Jamie Benn, Jason Spezza, Erik Cole - $19,900 combined) - The San Jose Sharks have allowed a whopping 26 goals against in their last 6 games. For me, the 'trend is your friend', at some point the Sharks will tighten up on defense...but I see no reason to go against the prevailing trend versus a Stars team at home that has won 4 of their last 5. This line is a little expensive, but I don't think 20 FanDuel points isn't out of the question.
Hidden and not-so Hidden Gems
Sometimes stacking two sets of lines isn't possible because of salary ramifications, and you're forced to just take a partial line stack. Looking for a value to fill out your lineup, here are a couple that might be good plug-ins for tonight:
- Ray Emery - G ($6,400) - hope he can repeat his last effort against the Sabres on February 15th (Win, 21 saves, 1 goal against). Tread lightly though, the Flyers have been incredibly inconsistent this year.
- Bryan Little - C ($5,200) - five multi-point games so far in February and 5 points in his last two games. At this price he's awful tough to ignore, but the Washington Capitals defense and goal tending is 8th best in the league so this isn't a slam dunk.
- James Neal - RW ($7,400) - of the top right wingers on tonight's slate, he's probably the most consistent. 3 goals in 4 games and he isn't scared to shoot the puck, 3.2 shots per game in his last 5. Oh yeah, and the Islanders are bottom 10 in the league for team defense.
- Michael Del Zotto D ($3,200) - a punt who averages 23 minutes of ice time and sees 2nd unit power play time...I'm backing up the truck on this guy to pay up for a top 5 defenseman in the other spot.
There you have it folks, hopefully these hidden gems help fill out your daily fantasy hockey lineup for February 19th. If you need more help, check out our fantasy PPG grid page. Good luck tonight!