If you’re on FanDuel, each day we help uncover the gems in daily fantasy hockey when there is a full slate of games. I started on February 17th with a Fanduel bankroll of $2,500, with a goal to hit $10,000 by the end of the regular season.
Another frustrating night where greed got in the way of a really good lineup (again). 17th out of 74 people in a $15,000 tournament...the Avalanche 3rd period comeback cost me 6 +/- points and a $1,000 pay day. I was top 15% in 50/50s and double up pools, but overall down another $155 because of the $200 entry below.
Current balance - $1,949.17
It's not a bad Saturday night with 16 teams in action (I'm ignoring the two afternoon games). I'm not sure I can stomach another $200 tournament finishing just out of the money. Without further ado, here are a couple line stacks and hidden gems that I'm considering for the eight evening games on the February 28th.
Here are a couple line stacks that I'm considering for tonight:
- Montreal Canadiens (Max Pacioretty, Brendan Gallagher, David Desharnais - $19,600) - this line has been extremely consistent the last couple weeks, but they did struggle versus the Leafs two weeks ago in Toronto. I'm betting they don't repeat that effort at home tonight.
- New York Rangers (Rick Nash, Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello - $19,800) - This line has been inconsistent the last couple weeks, and Rick Nash has been a little banged up with neck spasms. That said, I think they rebound against the Flyers...and the Rangers have averaged 4.1 goals per game in their last 9. I might fade Zuccarello for someone else as he doesn't see first power play time.
- Top two lines from the St Louis Blues - I'm treading lightly here, the Oilers have been playing better as of late, and are coming off a 4 day break. On the other hand, the Oilers have also averaged 4.4 goals against on Saturday prime time games. No question the Blues should win, and 3+ goals is likely...but it could also be a trap game against a rested team.
Hidden and not-so Hidden Gems
Sometimes stacking two sets of lines isn't possible because of salary ramifications, and you're forced to just take a partial line stack. Looking for a value to fill out your lineup, here are a couple that might be good plug-ins for tonight:
- Benoit Pouliot - LW ($4,800) - coming off a 2 goal effort in his last, he seems to have developed some chemistry with Jordan Eberle (who I'm also considering as a plug-in option tonight). He sees first line and power play time, and potted 2 goals in the Oilers last matchup with the Blues. High risk, high reward.
- Andrew Hammond - G ($5,600) - 4 wins in a row for the Ottawa goaltender, and back-to-back shutouts. The Sharks are favoured to win, but at this price he's awful tempting and should see a lot of shots.
- Tyson Barrie - D ($5,300) - He's had 2 huge nights in his last 4 games with three goals and four assists. Tonight is the 2nd in a back-to-back so hopefully he's not too tired after last night's 12.5 fanduel point performance.
- Andrei Markov / PK Subban - D ($3,700 / $5,800) - this defensive pairing combined for 24 fanduel points on Thursday. Tough to repeat a performance like that, but they are playing the Maple Leafs at home.
There you have it folks, hopefully these hidden gems help fill out your daily fantasy hockey lineup for February 28th. If you need more help, check out our fantasy PPG grid page. Good luck tonight!
Note: FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 tournament today. Entry fee is just $2!