There's a full slate of 9 NHL games tonight. As I'm researching my lineup for the DraftKings $15,000 Tuesday Special ($3 Entry) here are a couple line stacks and hidden gems that I'm considering for this evening's games.
Here are a couple line stacks that I'm considering for tonight:
- Vancouver Canucks (Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin, Zack Kassian - $11,600) - A bit of a value line stack, this line was on fire at the beginning of the month but has struggled the last couple games. I'm betting that they get it back on track at home against the Philadelphia Flyers, who are bottom 1/3 in the league for team defense.
- Boston Bruins (Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, Reilly Smith - $13,400) - Obviously going up against the Buffalo Sabres is favorable, but this line is also a bit of a value play at $13,400 and allows you to pay up in other positions. It probably won't be a blowout, as their previous two meetings went to Overtime...but 3-4 goals from the Bruins on St Patrick's Day isn't out of the question.
Hidden and not-so Hidden Gems
Sometimes stacking two sets of lines isn't possible because of salary ramifications, and you're forced to just take a partial line stack. Looking for a value to fill out your lineup, here are a couple that might be good plug-ins for tonight:
- Brandon Sutter - C ($3,900) - With Malkin out of the lineup for a couple weeks Sutter has seen an uptick in icetime. He's now centering Chris Kunitz and David Perron on the second line and sees second unit PP time...at this price there's a lot to like.
- Kris Letang - D ($5,400) - At this price I think he's a bit of a value play (he was as high as $7,000 a couple weeks ago). After two sub-par games he's dropped to a price that I think it's worth while for a player who averages 4.0 DK points per game.
- Andrew Hammond - G ($8,600) - This guy is far from a hidden gem these days, he is 10-0-1 with a 1.39 GAA, 7.1 DK points per game in his first 11 NHL starts. Back up the truck on him again tonight.
There you have it folks, hopefully these hidden gems help fill out your daily fantasy hockey lineup for March 17th. If you need more help, check out our Beginners Guide to NHL Daily Fantasy on DraftKings. Good luck tonight!
Start Competing in Daily Fantasy Hockey on DraftKings!
We hope that above gave you a good starting base for getting into the exciting game of daily fantasy hockey. As you get more familiar with the players and overall strategy involved you will greatly increase your odds of hitting a big win on DraftKings.
If you're ready to try it out, DraftKings is offering free entry into a contest tonight. They also have contests for as little as 25 cents and potential grand prizes of $100,000! Start winning money today!