If you’re on FanDuel, each day we help uncover the gems in daily fantasy hockey when there is a full slate of games. I started on February 17th with a Fanduel bankroll of $2,500, with a goal to hit $10,000 by the end of the regular season.
It's been a broken record, another frustrating night where greed got in the way of a really good lineup (again). 12th place in the $10,000 Monster Pool, 0.9 FanDuel points out of the money...needed more from the St Louis Blues to get over the hump. That said, the lineup mopped up in all the double ups and ended up breaking even when it was all said and done.
Current balance - $1,944.17
There's 5 games tonight, (I'm ignoring the afternoon games). Here are a couple line stacks and hidden gems that I'm considering for this evening's games.
Here are a couple line stacks that I'm considering for tonight:
- Pittsburgh Penguins (Evgeni Malkin, Blake Comeau, Chris Kunitz - $20,500) - I'm going with the 2nd line on the Penguins over Sidney Crosby's line. They've had more success as of late, and you still get first power play exposure with Kunitz and Malkin. It's an expensive stack, but probably my favourite of the day against a Columbus team that's playing it's 3rd game in 4 nights.
- Tampa Bay Lightning (Steven Stamkos, Ryan Callahan, Alex Killhorn - $17,800) - At this price, this is a good value stack for me. Going against the Panthers who are on the 2nd half of a back-to-back, you get a stud in Stamkos and two value priced guys who still get power play time.
Hidden and not-so Hidden Gems
Sometimes stacking two sets of lines isn't possible because of salary ramifications, and you're forced to just take a partial line stack. Looking for a value to fill out your lineup, here are a couple that might be good plug-ins for tonight:
- Brandon Sutter - C ($3,500) - Two goals in his last three games, he sees some power play time, and most importantly he takes care of his own end. Sutter hasn't had a negative +/- game in his last 10.
- Hampus Lindholm - D ($3,500) - This young Swedish defenseman has picked up the slack since Sami Vatanen was placed on injured reserve. Dallas isn't exactly strong on defense, and they are in the bottom 10 teams for penalties taken per game.
- Eddie Lack - G ($6,700) - Ben Bishop is my favourite goalie play tonight, but if you can't afford his steep price tag I like Lack against a Blue's team that played late last night.
There you have it folks, hopefully these hidden gems help fill out your daily fantasy hockey lineup for March 1st. If you need more help, check out our fantasy PPG grid page. Good luck tonight!
Note: FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 tournament today. Entry fee is just $2!