With the NHL All-star break behind us, we’re starting a new series for the latter half of the season that focuses on NHL Daily Fantasy. Everyone is acutely aware of the Ovechkin’s and Crosby’s of the hockey world. Whether you’re on FanDuel or DraftKings, we will help uncover the hidden gems in the daily fantasy hockey games.
Without further ado, here are some hidden gems for the 11 games on the slate for January 27th:
- Sean Monahan C ($3,600 FanDuel) – Monahan was on fire going into the all star break, he scored in 4 straight games and has averaged 5.4 FD points per game. He is also seeing an uptick in icetime as a result, and seeing consistent first power play unit time. At $3,600 you can realistically expect a 1X (3.6 points) or better performance against the lowly Buffalo Sabres.
- Tomas Tartar RW ($6,800 FanDuel) – Despite a subpar performance in his last game against the Wild, Tartar has been a solid 5+ Fantasy PPG player in January with 5 goals, 2 assists, and a plus 5 rating in his last 5 games. I expect a similar performance against the Florida Panthers who have allowed 17 goals against in their last 4 games.
- TJ Brodie D - ($4,500 FanDuel) – I’m not sure I’d be willing to pay up for Mark Giordano, but still want a piece of this game against a Sabres team that has allowed 20 goals against in their last 4 games. Brodie plays alongside Giordano, first unit power play time, averaging 2.8 fantasy PPG and averages 27-28 minutes of icetime per game.
- Derek Stepan C - ($5,800 FanDuel) – You probably aren’t going to get a breakout game from Stepan, but he has been as consistent as it gets for delivering 4-6 fantasy PPG in the last couple weeks. In fact only 1 of his last 5 games has he not delivered at least 5 fanduel points…and that game he left part way through after a wicked slash from Islanders Michael Grabner in the first period. Tonight he’s up against the Islanders again, hopefully looking for revenge against a team that is 22nd in the league for goals against.
- Colin Wilson LW – ($4,700 FanDuel) – Wilson has been on the value list for several weeks now, and his salary is slowly creeping up. He’s been on fire in January, having just 2 games under 1 point, and averaging 4.81 fantasy PPG for the month. Tonight they host the Colorado Avalanche, who is 21st in goals against per game. Play Wilson with confidence tonight
There you have it folks, hopefully these hidden gems help fill out your daily fantasy hockey lineup for January 27th. If you need more help, check out our fantasy PPG grid page.
Note: FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 tournament where the winner takes home $2,500. Entry fee is just $5! Join FanDuel!