Free Report: 10 Powerful Technical Chart Formations

Who will win each trophy at the 2014 NHL Awards?


The 2014 edition of the NHL Awards goes off tomorrow in Las Vegas. And fittingly, we decided to look at the betting odds for each award to see who is expected to win.

Hart Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the league's most valuable player.

Nominees: Sidney Crosby, Ryan Getzlaf, and Claude Giroux

Among all of the awards this season, this is the least in doubt, as Sidney Crosby dominated the scoresheet with 104 points (36 goals/68 assists).


Based on current betting odds, Sidney Crosby is a 99.01% favourite to win the Hart Memorial Trophy, which if he wins will be the second of his career.

A $100 bet on Crosby will win you $1.
A $100 bet on Getzlaf will win you $1,200.
A $100 bet on Giroux will win you $2,500.

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.

Nominees: Ryan O’Reilly, Patrick Marleau, and Martin St. Louis

Ryan O’Reilly, who scored 64 points and had just 2 penalty minutes, heads into the awards ceremony as the favourite with current odds suggesting a 86.67% probability of winning the Lady Byng.

A $100 bet on O’Reilly will win you $15.38.
A $100 bet on Marleau will win you $500.
A $100 bet on St. Louis will win you $1,400.

Vezina Trophy
Awarded to the league's top goaltender.

Nominees: Tuukka Rask, Semyon Varlamov, and Ben Bishop

This years addition of the Vezina is the most closely contested across all of the awards with Rask holding on as a slight favourite with an implied winning probability of 63.64% - Varlamov is the seconds odds on favourite with a winning probability of 36.36%.

A $100 bet on Rask will win you $57.14.
A $100 bet on Varlamov will win you $175.
A $100 bet on Bishop will win you $750.

Calder Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the league's most outstanding rookie player.

Nominees: Nathan MacKinnon, Ondrej Palet, and Tyler Johnson

Based on Vegas, Nathan MacKinnon is all but a sure thing with current odds suggesting he has a 94.12% chance of taking home the Calder Trophy after putting up 63 points in his first season.

A $100 bet on MacKinnon will win you $6.25.
A $100 bet on Palet will win you $1100.
A $100 bet on Johnson will win you $1200.

James Norris Memorial Trophy
Awarded to the defenseman who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position.

Nominees: Duncan Keith, Zdeno Chara, and Shea Weber

Three familiar names find themselves nominated for the award but Vegas has the odds on favourite as Duncan Keith with a implied probability of winning the award at 71.43%. If Keith wins, it will be his second Norris Trophy win.

A $100 bet on Keith will win you $40.
A $100 bet on Chara will win you $275.
A $100 bet on Weber will win you $650. 

Jack Adams Award
Awarded to the NHL coach adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success.

Nominees: Patrick Roy, Mike Babcock, and Jon Cooper

In his first season as head coach of the Colorado Avalanche, Patrick Roy inherited a team coming off a 16-25-7 season to a contender in the west with a record of 52-22-7. As such, he enters the awards gala as the prohibitive favourite with 85.71% odds of winning the Jack Adams.

A $100 bet on Roy wins you $16.67.
A $100 bet on Babcock wins you $500.
A $100 bet on Cooper wins you $1000.

Frank J. Selke Trophy
Awarded to the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game.

Nominees: Patrice Bergeron, Anze Kopitar, and Jonathan Toews.

Based on Vegas, it appears that Bergeron will win his second Selke award as current odds suggest he has a 77.78% chance of winning the award.

A $100 bet on Bergeron wins you $28.57.
A $100 bet on Kopitar wins you $275.
A $100 bet on Toews wins you $1,500.

Odds from Bovada.

For more awards content, check out: the 2013-14 NHL Anti-Awards.

 



Latest Articles


TEAM UP